Nest Thermostat Humidifier with Aprilaire Humidifier
Nest Thermostat Humidifier- There is no definite answer to this question since Nest and Aprilaire both produce different types of products. However, it is generally recommended that you use a humidifier if your home tends to be dry in the winter months. This is because a humidifier can add moisture back into the air, which will help to improve your overall comfort level and health.
If you are looking for a humidifier that is compatible with a Nest thermostat, we would recommend checking out the Aprilaire 700 Automatic Humidifier. This humidifier is designed to work with most thermostats, including those made by Nest, and it can help to improve your indoor air quality.
Nest Thermostat Humidifier- Additionally, the Aprilaire Automatic Humidifier features an automatic humidity control, which can help to save you money. This humidifier will monitor your home’s humidity level and only turn the unit on when needed. As a result, you can use this product year-round without worrying about wasting energy or running up your monthly utility bill.
How do you wire an Aprilaire humidifier to a Nest thermostat?
Nest Thermostat Humidifier- For those of you doing a new installation, we recommend installing an Aprilaire 550 and Nest together. However, if the two were previously installed separately and now you want to integrate them into one system, then there are a few things that must be done first:
- Nest Thermostat Humidifier- Setup your Aprilaire humidifier without connecting it to any thermostat. The best way for this is by using the Setup Wizard in the Utility tab of your Aprilaire interface (on compatible systems). If you do not have access to this utility simply set your humidistat somewhere between 40%-50% RH.
- Install Nest according to their instructions. While they offer a few tips for how to mount/hide Nest, please note that since they do not provide an official integration with Aprilaire it is up to you and your HVAC contractor to make this work.
- Nest Thermostat Humidifier- Now you can run Nest in test mode, which will allow you to test all of the features on your new thermostat. You can set the thermostat into Test Mode by dialing *, #, 0,4 on the keypad or via the mobile application. While holding down * key dial 5-1-1 followed by 000000 (six zeros).
- Note: Test mode should not be used for more than 30 minutes since it overrides other settings within the system/Nest that would have otherwise been respected if running normally through Auto away/Home modes etc. If using Test mode longer than 30 minutes it is best practice to unplug the Aprilaire humidifier
- Nest Thermostat Humidifier- After completing these steps, your Nest thermostat will now be able to control the Aprilaire 550 Humidifier. You can verify this by going into the Settings menu on the Nest and selecting humidity under the Home & Away section. If you have any other questions about how to wire an Aprilaire humidifier to a Nest thermostat, please feel free to contact us or your HVAC contractor for assistance.
Nest Thermostat Humidifier- If you are looking for a way to improve your home’s indoor air quality, then it is worth considering investing in a Nest thermostat and an Aprilaire humidifier. These two products work together well and can help you stay comfortable throughout the year. Please keep in mind that this integration is not officially supported by Nest or Aprilaire, so it is up to you and your HVAC contractor to make this work.
If you are looking for a more reliable way to stay comfortable at home, then we recommend checking out the Aprilaire 700 Automatic Humidifier. This unit has been designed from the ground up as a way to help improve your indoor air quality all while maintaining a comfortable heating and cooling system. As a bonus, this unit also features an automatic humidity control that can actually monitor your home’s humidity level and only turn on when needed.
Nest Thermostat Humidifier- As always please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns about how to hook up an Aprilaire humidifier to a Nest thermostat. We would also suggest contacting your HVAC contractor with any questions or concerns as well. They should be able to help you better than we can since they will be the ones doing the installation and wiring at your home/office.
Are Nest thermostats accurate with humidity?
This is a difficult question to answer since Nest does not officially support any integration with Aprilaire humidifiers. However, from what we have seen it seems that the Nest thermostat can be used to control the Aprilaire Humidifiers. You can verify this by going into the Settings menu on the Nest and selecting humidity under the Home & Away section. If you have any other questions about how to wire an Aprilaire humidifier to a Nest thermostat, please feel free to contact us or your HVAC contractor for assistance.