Aprilaire 600 Whole House Humidifier Buying Guide
I’m writing this blog post because I want to share my experience with the Aprilaire 600 whole house humidifier. This is a great product for people who suffer from dry skin or other allergies that are triggered by dry air. It’s also good for people who live in arid climates, like Arizona where I live. The Aprilaire 600 can be hooked up to your water heater so you never have to worry about running out of hot water again!
Aprilaire 600 Whole House Humidifier-I installed mine right next to my water heater in the crawl space under my house.
Aprilaire 600 Whole House Humidifier-The Aprilaire 600 is a great whole-house humidifier that is easy to install and configure. If you live in an area that has very dry air, then this product will help make your home more comfortable for your family. The best way I can describe the feeling of having a properly installed Aprilaire 600 running all year round is like adding 6 hours of daylight to every day!
Aprilaire 600 Whole House Humidifier- When it’s running, the humidity levels are about 50%. At night, when it’s colder outside, the humidity level drops down into the teens (which is still much better than 0%). Here are some of my suggestions on buying one if you’re interested:
1) Get the automatic version if you can. It’s a little more expensive, but it’s worth it because you won’t have to worry about refilling it or replacing the filters as often.
2) Make sure you get the model that is designed for your specific climate zone. There are different models for humid climates and dry climates.
3) If you have allergies, asthma, or other respiratory problems, then this is a product that you should consider buying. It will help make the air in your home more breathable and easier for your lungs.
4) You don’t need to buy the Aprilaire 600 from the company website. I found mine on Amazon for a lot less money. Just make sure you get the automatic model with the humidity control.
5) The installation is fairly easy for this product, but if you have never installed a whole house humidifier before I would make sure that you get the Aprilaire instruction manual and read it carefully before you start. They will walk you through how to hook up everything and they give detailed information on sizing the system properly. If you follow those guidelines then your humidity levels will stay balanced and not fluctuate up or down for very long periods.
Aprilaire 600 Whole House Humidifier Pros
- Maintains humidity levels at 50% or better
- Easy installation
- Can be hooked up to your water heater
- Automatic model with humidity control is best
- You can find it on Amazon for a good price
Aprilaire 600 Whole House Humidifier Cons
-None that I can think of! If you have any problems with it then the company website has a lot of resources that can help you troubleshoot.
Aprilaire 600 Whole House Humidifier- The Aprilaire 600 whole house humidifier is a great product if you live in an area with very dry air. It’s easy to install and configure, and it will help make your home more comfortable for your family. I highly recommend it!